Travel News

How far did I travel this week?:

This week, I did not travel anywhere outside of Vigo.

How far have I traveled on this journey so far?:

The total distance I have traveled is still the same.

How did I get around this week?:

This week, I only rode the bus and walked. I loaded my bus card with 20 euros, but only about 3 euros remain. Walking has become my main form of exercise.

What was the most interesting place I visited this week?:

The most interesting place that I visited was the Balaídos Stadium. The atmosphere inside and outside the stadium was very celebratory. Everyone was very excited about the game. It was predicted that Celta had a 60% chance of losing, 20% chance of winning and a 20% chance of tieing. The stadium fits 33,000 people and it is 99 years old. 

Other Travel News from this week:

I try to watch the news to get a sense of what is going on in Spain. Lately, the news outlets are covering the crisis in Venezuela and the Catalan independence movement. Some Spaniards disagree with Spain acknowledging the self-declared president of Venezuela. The government of Spain has donated money to the new president. I have noticed that people here empathize strongly with the people of Venezuela.